24 May 2015

My "Let's Play" videos

First, question of course is why? I'm rich now that I make let's play videos so the reasons don't matter to me. If they matter to you, tough shit.

On a more serious note. Why not? I can't masturbate all the time! I enjoy playing games and making videos. Plus I have something to show that I don't see too much of on the internet. Older, games that nobody cares about, a.k.a. my PlayStation 2 collection. I don't have a big collection so it wont take too much time and I can start doing something else. But for now I'm going to go through what I have done and what I may or may not do in the future.

KILLZONE
KILLZONE
KILLZONE
One of my most favorite games of all time. I have finished a let's play of this one which was my first effort in that area so it is a bit rough but I am getting better at it. I wrote a quick blog post about it so I won't say anything more about it here.







Resident Evil 4
&
Resident Evil CODE:Veronica-X

Resident Evil 4 is in my collection. But it is way too popular and new and covered on the internet. It is a great game that I really love. That being said it is the perfect high in resident evil before the series went to shit RE5 which is a soulless bland generic action game. Resident Evil Code:Veronica-X on the other hand is what I imagine Resident Evil (as int he first game on the first PS) would have been like. If it was a PlayStation2 era game. Ergo, it's brilliant. Which is why I'm currently making a let's play of it, which you can check out here.




Final Fantasy-zes
I have 7. And some other ones. I think Final Fantasy games are more streamable than let's playable. My format is streaming once a week and chopping the stream in 15~30 min. parts. I play FF7 for a long time after the clock reaches 99 hours and breaks. The math says that I will be able to make at least 200 parts of let's play FF-any. A video a day, that would be months of monotonous unwatchable content, I wouldn't watch such a thing, why would I make such a thing. Final Fantasy 7 is a must play.



GREAT KONAMI GAMES
I would love to play any of these 3 games. They are amazing peaces of gaming history.
But FUCK KONAMI!!!

Deus-EX
There is no running from it, there is no escaping it. This is the next game I will let's play. This is a game I found late. I struggled with it on PC and some time later decided that I have to know, I need to pay my dues. Day9 (you know who he is) once insinuated that if you haven't played Final Fantasy 7 you are not a gamer, you can't be. Because you cant know. It was an awesome joke, and it's not true, but it is true. There are a few games that are defining for a genre and/or a gaming era. It's not that you can't understand gaming without going through these games, but it would be hard for us to communicate about that subject matter (gaming) if we don't have such shared reference points. I suppose that streaming Deus Ex will start on the 31.05.2015 or on the 07.06.2015 on my twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/sleepychild) sometime in the afternoon (that's afternoon GMT).

EXTERMINATION
Beyond that. A good under the radar horror survival for the PS2 that I just loved playing for it's nostalgia. Extermination was an interesting experiment of how the genre could have evolved on the then new console generation. First time playing this game was horrific and I haven't revisited it for a long while. So this is the best bet at seeing me stress in a game.





The Urbz
I would never play Sims: Bustin Out because it is so shit that it's not even funny. If you think sims is a shit game, but have never seen this version. You don't know shit! But this came packaged in a box together with a game that shows how sims could have been an awesome game. An alternate reality of maxis's vision that pushes house building back stage to the personality building. The Urbz is a game that gives you a city separated in diverse social castes, where you need to gain social acceptance and popularity. Via initially fitting in and once popular enough setting new trends. I would love to play this but there is a huge chance that this would be unusable on youtube due to The Black Eyed Peas themed soundtrack in some areas but I guess we will just have to see.

So these are the games I'm planing on let's playing. As I mentioned in this post I stream on twitch, gaming streams on sunday afternoon. I stream using OBS (https://obsproject.com/) and a 10$ VHS to DVD usb capture "device". I edit the videos using Lightworks (the free version). And I mention that because all you need to have to stream and make videos is some shitty equipment, some free software and time and enthusiasm.If you are like me, and you have a love for gaming. Share it, the worst thing that can happen when you make a video is that somebody might see it.